As promised, here are my goals/commitments for the next few months:
- No coffee
- Getting up at 7.30am every weekday, regardless of how late I sleep the previous night (whilst this might be no big deal for most people, this is a challenge for me!)
El Sendero ministry – strengthen El Sendero’s reputation as a recognised and trusted youth service
- Branding. Continue to work on establishing Sendero’s identity and web (Facebook) presence. Create community amongst regulars.
- 1800 likes on Facebook
- Client input – participation of clients in shaping the development of Sendero
- Events. Establish a weekly programme.
- Fixed events for each day of the week – recognised programme to minimise having to promote for each event
- Relationships with regular clients.
- Hang out with regular clients outside of Sendero premises
- Pass contacts on to David and Sandry, introduce them to friends
- Sales/finances. Improve efficiency and increase income.
- Increase average morning income to $50
Church – an established youth ministry built on good foundations
- A name, vision, and Facebook page for the ministry
- At least one discipleship group per youth leader, with a vision to creating a chain/pattern of discipleship
- Biblical understanding.
- Each leader, and member of the youth group, able to explain their faith
- Each leader with a routine for Bible reading, and able to do self study and run bible studies
Relationships – share my life with the people of Loja in such a way that they are blessed, and that there is no doubt that I have come in the name of Jesus.
- Social gatherings in my house every fortnight
- Pray with my friends (both Christian and non-Christian), actively ask for prayer requests
- Invite people to church; bring at least one